This weekend went by in a blur of great people, awesome comics, excellent video games and way, way too much superb food and drink. While I was being a “Trooper” (meaning, pretending I was on leave all weekend in New York drinking and carousing) I went to all the great panels that BioWare had for The Old Republic and got to spend time with some of the greatest fans of any game I’ve ever played.
For those who missed the news, or want a quick recap though, take a quick perusal below
- The number of Flashpoints now numbers 15.
- It looks like there will be more than a single Operation at launch.
- The item modification system is currently undergoing…changes.
- Racial abilities will be cosmetic and not game breaking.
- It’s In! Heavy Dark Side use will make you look all Palpatinesque.
- The release dates have been combined into one global release date of December 20th. Rejoice Europe!
As the big sites covered pretty much all of the information from the panels there was little specific to the Trooper, but the TORWars guys managed to snag some juicy footage of a player playing a Vanguard as befits the stalwart defenders of the Republic. And I don’t care what BioWare says, the vanguard of The Republic is, indeed, the Vanguard…people with glowsticks need not apply.
No related posts.
Tags: Bioware, Comic Con, Dark Side, EA, Electronic Arts, Flashpoint, launch, LucasArts, Operations, Republic Trooper, Star Wars: The Old Republic, SWTOR, TOR, TORWars, Trooper, Vanguard